- The Server is 2430.cs.uh.edu
- How to test your HW in repl.it (Credits to our student Arno Dunstatter, thank you Arno !)
- Connect to linux server
- The first Lab hour video.
- What is the Argument Manager?
- Don’t know how to install and use SSH on Windows? Follow the instructions here.
- A video tutorial can be found on YouTube. (Credits to our student Christopher Holley, thank you Chris!)
- A tutorial for SSH on Linux can be found here.
- If you barely used Linux before, you can get a simple hands-on tutorial here.
You can also take a look at the command-line argument and script file parser if you don’t know how to do it.
Frequently used linux commands
ssh firstname.lastname@example.org to login. The initial password contains 9 digits, PSID + Captital Initial Last name + Capital Initial First name. It’s recommended to use passwd to modify the initial passwd. You must remember the password. If you forget the password, you have to go to PGH527 to ask the adminisrtator to reset it. Again, please remember your password.
scp -r file_or_folder email@example.com:~/hw1/ to upload a file or a folder to hw1 folder on the server
cp 1.txt 2.txt to copy a file 1.txt to 2.txt
mv 1.txt folder to move a filename 1.txt to folder
cat 1.txt to display the content of 1.txt
ls to list all files and folders in the current directory
cd hw1 to change directory to folder hw1
cd .. to change directory to the parent folder
cd ~ to change directory to the home directory
nano main.cpp to edit the file main.cpp
chmod +rx grade.sh to make grade.sh readable and executable